Three things to know for Friday, April 20th

Good Evening Adams Families,

Tomorrow is a super-busy day here at Adams and I wanted to let you know about three things that are happening.

First, tomorrow we will celebrate Earth Day with a special rotation of activities in the morning for our 3-5 grades and afternoon for our K-2 grades.  Thanks to our partnership with Environmental Leadership at the University if Oregon, students will get to play some very active field games, learn about new recycling standards, use a solar oven, paint a mural and more.  As a part of our mural painting, kids will make handprints on the surface using non toxic, low VOC paint. Please be aware that we will be very careful to not get paint on clothes, but you may want to be mindful of this while preparing for the day. 

Next, We will be accepting donations to the Annual Adams Rummage Sale in honor of Earth Day and to support our 5th grade Outdoor School Adventure.  Donations accepted between 3 and 6:30 tomorrow at the lower parking lot.

Finally, tomorrow we will kick off the reading portion of the Reading Olympics!  Students and families have been gathering pledges all week and tomorrow night begins the 10 days of reading to try and meet your personal goal and earn a bronze, silver or gold medal!

If we meet our school-wide goal of $16,000, I will be subjected to the dunk tank of doom!  This is a dunk tank filled with ice water!  Just to keep things moving….. I was also talked into dying my hair green if we reach $12,000 and shaving off 1/2 of my beard if we reach $14,000.  Thanks for supporting this fundraiser in any way you can!

Have a beautiful evening!  I feel lucky to come to work here each day.

Principal Kevin

This entry was posted in Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.